1. What's the speed limit in Huelva and throughout Spain?
In urban areas like Huelva, the speed limit is generally 50 km/h. On the main roads outside cities, you can go as fast as 90 km/h. On highways, the maximum speed is 120 km/h. Always check for sign posts as speed limits may vary.
2. Is it necessary to carry my driving license?
Yes, you must always have your driving license with you when you are driving. The license must be valid and fit for the category of the car you are driving.
3. Are there speed cameras in Huelva?
Yes, you will find speed cameras in Huelva as well as on the highways throughout Spain. Over speeding can result in heavy fines and loss of driving points.
4. Are there toll roads in Spain?
Yes, Spain has quite a number of toll roads, especially the highways. The cost of using these roads depends on the distance covered.
5. What side of the road should I drive on in Huelva and Spain?
In Spain, drivers must always drive on the right-hand side of the road.
6. What are the basic driving rules in Huelva?
Some of the basic driving rules include driving on the right side, respecting speed limits, not using a cell phone while driving unless you have a hands-free system and children should always ride in a child seat.
7. Are the traffic rules in Huelva different from the rest of Spain?
No, the traffic rules in Huelva are the same as those in the rest of Spain. As with every city, local traffic signs must still be obeyed.
8. How strictly are speed limits enforced in Huelva?
Speed limits in Huelva are strictly enforced and fines for breaking them can be substantial. It's best to always stay within the speed limit.
9. What kind of traffic should I expect in Huelva?
Huelva has typical city traffic. You might encounter traffic jams during peak times in the morning and evening, so plan your travel accordingly.
10. Is it safe to drive in Huelva?
Yes, it's generally safe to drive in Huelva. However, it's always important to remain alert on the road and observe the rules and regulations.
11. Is it necessary to carry any documents while driving?
Yes. In addition to your driving license, it is recommended to have your ID or passport, car insurance documents and registration documents while driving.
12. Can I drive in Huelva with a foreign license?
Yes. Tourists can drive with a foreign license in Spain for up to six months. However, the license must be in English or Spanish, or accompanied by an International Driving Permit.
13. Where can I find information about driving rules in Spain?
The Spanish Directorate General of Traffic (DGT) website contains useful information about the driving rules in Spain.
14. Are there any particular rules about overtaking?
In Spain, overtaking should be done on the left. Do not overtake if there is an incoming car in the opposite lane. Always signal before overtaking.
15. What are the rules about parking?
In Huelva, you can park your car on the right side of the road where permitted. Paid parking is marked blue. Some areas, particularly city centres, have restricted parking zones.