1. What is the speed limit in High Wycombe?
The speed limit within city limits is usually 30km/h. On dual carriageways, the limit is typically 60km/h, and on motorways, the limit is 70km/h unless otherwise indicated.
2. What type of driving licence do I need to hire a car in High Wycombe?
Customers must present a full, valid and original national driving license. If the licence is not in the English language then an International Driving Permit is required.
3. Are there speed cameras in High Wycombe?
Yes, there are speed cameras in and around High Wycombe. It's important to adhere to the speed limit at all times to avoid fines.
4. What are the rules around toll roads in High Wycombe?
Generally, most of the roads and motorways in and around High Wycombe are toll-free but occasionally, some roads may levy a small toll charge.
5. Where should I familiarize myself with the driving rules in High Wycombe?
Before visiting or hiring a car, it is advised that you read up on the Highway Code, the UK's official road user guide. The Highway Code contains rules and guidelines for all kinds of vehicles and road users.
6. Is driving traffic heavy in High Wycombe?
Rush hour in High Wycombe, typically between 7am-9am and 4pm-6pm on weekdays, can be quite congested. Planning your travel outside of these peak hours is advisable.
7. On which side of the road should I drive in High Wycombe?
Like the rest of the UK, vehicles in High Wycombe drive on the left side of the road.
8. Are there any specific safety rules to drive in High Wycombe?
Road safety rules will largely follow the Highway Code. It includes things such as always wearing a seat belt and not using a phone while driving.
9. Can I drive every road with my hire car in High Wycombe?
Yes, most roads and motorways are accessible for you to drive. However, some private roads and lanes may require access permissions.
10. Do I need to set up a separate insurance to drive a hire car in High Wycombe?
Typically, hire car companies offer their own insurance but you may also want to check if your personal car insurance or travel insurance covers car hire.
11. Is road assistance included in the event of a breakdown with my hire car in High Wycombe?
This service is usually included in your car hire agreement but it is worth confirming this with your car hire company before you start your journey.
12. If I hire a car in High Wycombe, can I drive it anywhere in the UK?
Yes, generally speaking, a car hired in High Wycombe can be driven anywhere in the UK. Though, it's always wise to check the car hire agreement.
13. What are the parking rules in High Wycombe?
In High Wycombe, legal parking spots are indicated by white lines, while yellow lines indicate parking restrictions. Make sure to check nearby signs for restrictions before parking.
14. Are there certain roads or areas in High Wycombe that are particularly difficult to navigate?
Like any city, certain areas during specific times can become congested. It's best to use a navigation system for real-time traffic updates.
15. Can I hire a car in High Wycombe if I'm a new driver?
Most hire companies require drivers to have held their license for a minimum period, typically of one year, before they allow the hire of a car. Therefore, new drivers may find it difficult to hire a car.