1. What is the speed limit in La Zenia?
The speed limits are clearly marked and are usually 30-50 km/h in residential areas, 90-100 km/h on main roads outside towns, and 120 km/h on motorways.
2. Do I need a specific driving license to drive in La Zenia?
If you hold a valid driving license from any EU country, you can drive in Spain without needing to take another test. International Driving Permits are recognized, but not required.
3. Are there many speed cameras in La Zenia?
Yes, there are frequent speed cameras on both urban and rural roads.
4. Are there tolls on the roads in La Zenia?
Yes, there are some toll roads in the country. However, there are sufficient toll-free roads of good quality.
5. Are there specific driving rules I should be aware of in La Zenia?
Yes, it is obligatory for all passengers to wear a seat-belt in both front and back seats of the car. It's also mandatory to have at least two warning triangles and a reflective vest in the car.
6. How is the traffic in La Zenia?
The traffic can be intense, especially during the summer tourist season. Plan your route in advance and allow extra time for possible delays.
7. On what side of the road do people drive in La Zenia?
People drive on the right-hand side of the road in La Zenia.
8. Are there pedestrian zones I should be aware of?
Yes, there are pedestrian zones in La Zenia and parking or driving in these areas is prohibited.
9. Can I turn right on a red light?
Unlike some countries, turning right on a red light is not permitted unless there's a sign indicating otherwise.
10. Do I need any special equipment in my car in La Zenia?
Yes, you need to have a spare wheel or a puncture repair kit, two reflective vests, replacement bulb kit, and two red warning triangles as per law.
11. Are there any specific rules for parking?
Yes, parking is not allowed where the curb is painted yellow. In some urban areas blue zones indicate paid parking during certain hours.
12. Can I use a hands-free system while driving?
Yes, it's legal to use a hands-free system. However, any actions that could result in a lack of control are strictly prohibited.
13. Are there any special regulations on highways?
Yes, it's mandatory to stay in the right lane on highways unless overtaking.
14. Is roadside assistance widely available?
Yes, 24-hour roadside assistance is widely available. Dial 112 for emergencies.
15. What are the rules regarding seatbelts?
All drivers and passengers are required to wear seatbelts at all times. Failure to do so results in heavy fines.