1. What is the speed limit in La Línea de la Concepción?
In urban areas of La Línea de la Concepción, the general speed limit is 50 km/h. However, it may vary based on road signs and the type of road.
2. What side of the road is driven on in Spain?
Just like all the countries in continental Europe, in Spain you should drive on the right-hand side of the road.
3. Do I need a special driving license to drive in La Línea de la Concepción?
If you hold a valid driving license issued in an EU or EEA country, it is valid in Spain. For non-EU/EEA license holders, an International Driving Permit may be needed.
4. How common are traffic jams in La Línea de la Concepción?
La Linea de la Concepción can experience heavy traffic, especially during peak traffic hours and in the high season, due to Gibraltar border crossing.
5. Are there many speed cameras in La Línea de la Concepción?
There are speed cameras throughout Spain, including La Línea de la Concepción. It is advisable to obey the speed limits at all times.
6. Are there toll roads in and around La Línea de la Concepción?
Some highways in Spain are toll roads but there are none in La Línea de la Concepción. It may be encountered when traveling to other parts of the country.
7. What are the basic road safety rules in La Línea de la Concepción?
Basic safety rules include obeying speed limits, not using a mobile while driving, always using turn signals, giving way to drivers on your right, and respecting pedestrian rights.
8. Is there a specific lane for overtaking?
On Spanish roads, you are supposed to overtake other cars on the left on single carriageway roads and on motorways and dual carriageway roads.
9. When am I not allowed to overtake?
Overtaking is not allowed on bends, at junctions, pedestrian crossings, and wherever a sign prohibits it.
10. How do school crossing signs look in Spain?
School crossing signs in Spain are yellow and show two children walking hand in hand.
11. Can I cross a solid white line on the road?
Crossing a solid white line is generally forbidden, except in cases of necessity or when entering or leaving a property.
12. Can I drive with a foreign registered car in Spain?
Yes, but you must comply with a set of specific requirements and formalities if the car stays more than 6 months in a year in Spain.
13. Is right or left turn allowed on red in Spain?
Right or left turns on red are not permitted in Spain unless there is a sign showing otherwise.
14. Are roundabouts common in La Línea de la Concepción?
Yes, roundabouts are quite common in La Línea de la Concepción and throughout Spain. It's important to give way to the cars already on the roundabout.
15. What is the penalty for speeding?
Penalty for speeding in Spain can range from fines to the loss of points from your license and, in severe cases, jail sentence.