1. On which side of the road do I drive in Worthing?
In Worthing, like all of the United Kingdom, you drive on the left-hand side of the road.
2. What is the speed limit in Worthing?
The standard speed limit in Worthing and the rest of the UK is 30mph (48km/h) in built-up areas. On single carriageways, it's 60mph (97km/h), and on dual carriageways and motorways, the limit is 70mph (113km/h).
3. Do I need a driving licence to drive in Worthing?
Yes, a valid driving licence is required to drive in Worthing. If you have an international driving licence, it is usually acceptable for a set period.
4. Are there speed cameras in Worthing?
Yes, there are a number of speed cameras in Worthing, as well as police speed enforcement units. It's advisable to always follow the speed limit.
5. Do I need to pay tolls when driving in Worthing?
A few roads and bridges in the UK require you to pay a toll, but there are no toll roads in Worthing.
6. What driving rules should I be aware of in Worthing?
Driving laws in Worthing are the same as in the rest of the UK. You must abide by traffic signals, avoid using your mobile phone while driving, and comply with rules related to car seats for babies and children.
7. What sort of traffic can I expect in Worthing?
Worthing, whilst not as busy as London, still has rush hour traffic, typically between 7:30am - 9:30am and 5pm - 6:30pm.
8. Are there any particular safety rules I should follow while driving in Worthing?
You should always wear a seatbelt, ensure children are in correct car seats, follow the speed limits, and not use your phone whilst driving.
9. Can others also drive the car I hire in Worthing?
Yes, as long as they meet the criteria of the car hire firm and are added to the rental agreement.
10. Am I allowed to take the car I hire in Worthing outside the UK?
This depends on the terms and conditions of your car hire company. It's best to discuss this with them when hiring a car.
11. Do car hire companies in Worthing provide cars with automatic or manual gears?
Both automatic and manual transmission cars are commonly provided by most car hire companies in Worthing.
12. What should I do in the event of an accident in Worthing?
If you're involved in an accident, it's important to stay calm, ensure everyone's safety, call the police, and report the incident to your car hire company at the earliest opportunity.
13. Is parking easy to find in Worthing?
Parking is available in public car parks, the street, or on private property. Just ensure you obey any parking restrictions.
14. Can I park for free in Worthing?
Free parking is available in certain areas, but many places have pay-and-display options, especially in the town centre.
15. Can I return the car I hired in Worthing at a different location?
Drop-off points usually depend on the car hire company's policy. Always check this when hiring a car.