1. What is the general speed limit in Inverell?
The general speed limit in urban areas in Inverell is usually 50 km/h and 100 km/h on highways. However, the speed limit varies according to the specific road conditions, signage, and area.
2. Can I drive in Inverell with my overseas driver's license?
If you carry an overseas driver's license written in English, you can drive in Inverell. If it isn't in English, an International Driving Permit accompanying your license is required.
3. Are there many speed cameras in Inverell?
Yes, Inverell, like all Australian towns, has a number of speed cameras to ensure road safety. It is always advised to respect the speed limits highlighted on road signs.
4. Are there toll roads around Inverell?
No, there are no toll roads in or around Inverell. Most toll roads in Australia are located in major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
5. What are the driving rules I should know about?
Australian road rules dictate that you must always keep left, abide by all traffic signals and signs, and not exceed the speed limit. It is also illegal to overtake on the inside lane unless directed otherwise.
6. How busy is the traffic in Inverell?
Traffic in Inverell is usually light to moderate. During peak hours (early mornings and late afternoons on weekdays), there may be increased traffic due to commuting.
7. On which side of the road do they drive in Inverell?
Australia follows left-hand driving. Therefore, in Inverell, you should always drive on the left side of the road.
8. What should I know about school zones?
In school zones, between 8am-9.30am and between 2.30pm-4pm on school days, the speed limit is 40km/hr.
9. Can I park anywhere in Inverell?
Most areas will require a parking permit or will have metered parking. It's always wise to check signage for instructions where you are parking your car.
10. Are Australian road signs international?
Australia uses a mixture of standard international road signs and signs unique to Australia. It's wise to familiarise yourself with those signs before you start your journey.
11. Can L or P plate drivers hire cars in Inverell?
Car hire restrictions for L or P platers differ from one company to another. Contact the specific car hire company to find out their policy.
12. Does Inverell have roundabouts, and how should they be approached?
Inverell has several roundabouts. According to Australian road rules, drivers must always give way to vehicles already on the roundabout.
13. How safe are the roads in Inverell?
The roads in Inverell are generally well maintained and safe. However, like all driving experiences, safety often depends on the driver's adherence to road rules and safe driving practices.
14. What should I do if I'm involved in a car accident?
Firstly, ensure that everyone is safe and call emergency services if necessary. Then, you should report the crash to the police and your car hire company at the earliest convenience.
15. Can I drive off-road with a hired car in Inverell?
This depends on the terms and conditions of your car hire agreement. Generally, off-road driving is not permitted in a hired car unless specifically mentioned in the agreement.